MTN Sports High school football rankings
Regular season - final
1. Bozeman (9-0). Last week: Beat Billings Senior 41-14.
2. Bozeman Gallatin (8-1). Last week: Beat Billings Skyview 58-0.
3. Kalispell Glacier (8-1). Last week: Beat Missoula Sentinel 27-17.
4. Helena (6-3). Last week: Beat Missoula Big Sky 27-21
5. Helena Capital (6-3). Last week: Beat Butte 27-21, OT.
Around Class AA: Bozeman beat all comers this season to close the schedule as Class AA's undisputed No. 1 with its first unbeaten regular season since 2018. The Hawks, in search of their first title since 2019, have a first-round playoff bye and will host either Billings West or Missoula Big Sky in the quarterfinals next week. Other first-round playoff games this week have Missoula Sentinel visiting Great Falls, Helena hosting Billings Skyview, and Billings Senior traveling to Butte.
1. Dillon (8-0). Last week: Beat Libby 49-0.
2. Billings Central (9-0). Last week: Beat Miles City 42-6.
3. Corvallis (7-1). Last week: Beat Stevensville 49-0.
4. Hamilton (6-2). Last week: Beat Polson 33-13.
5. Laurel (7-2). Last week: Beat Lockwood 27-15.
Around Class A: Dillon and Billings Central held serve last week and finished the regular season as the No. 1- and No. 2-ranked teams as the only unbeatens in Class A. Can teams like Corvallis, Hamilton, defending champion Lewistown or red-hot Laurel, which has won five in a row and finished the regular season back in the top five, challenge the Beavers and Rams as the postseason begins? Bigfork, in its first season back in Class A, made the playoffs and will travel to Hamilton for a first-round game this week.
1. Florence (9-0). Last week: Beat Missoula Loyola 41-13.
2. Red Lodge (8-0). Last week: Beat Shepherd 62-0.
3. Eureka (8-1). Last week: Beat Anaconda 56-0.
4. Manhattan (8-1). Last week: Beat Columbus 47-20.
5. Columbus (8-1). Last week: Lost to Manhattan 47-20.
6. Missoula Loyola (7-2). Last week: Lost to Florence 41-13.
7. Baker (5-3). Last week: Beat Roundup 48-6.
8. Three Forks (6-3). Last week: Beat Big Timber 62-0.
9. Shepherd (6-3). Last week: Lost to Red Lodge 62-0.
10. Glasgow (5-4). Last week: Beat Wolf Point 41-6.
Around Class B: Florence, top-ranked all season and in pursuit of its third consecutive Class B championship, handled its business and enters the playoffs as one of only two unbeaten teams in the classification. The other? Red Lodge, which won handily all year in its own right. Elsewhere, Manhattan knocked off previously unbeaten Columbus last week to win the Southern division and enter the postseason on a seven-game winning streak. Perhaps the most intriguing first-round playoff matchup this week pits Missoula Loyola at Shepherd.
1. Fairview (8-0). Last week: Idle
2. Ennis (9-0). Last week: Beat Manhattan Christian 64-28.
3. Arlee (8-0). Last week: Idle
4. Belt (5-1). Last week: Idle
5. Circle (6-2). Last week: Idle
6. Wibaux (6-2). Last week: Idle
7. Valley Christian (7-1). Last week: Beat Victor by forfeit.
8. Forsyth (5-2). Last week: Idle.
9. Fort Benton (6-2). Last week: Idle
10. Lone Peak (6-3). Last week: Beat Deer Lodge 64-18.
Around 8-Man: Much of the 8-Man landscape was idle last week, giving teams a chance to refresh and focus on the playoffs. Fairview, Ennis and Arlee closed the regular season as the three unblemished squads. Fairview faces Shelby in the first-round this week, while Ennis takes on Charlo and Arlee squares off against Drummond-Philipsburg. Belt, with a one-point loss to Fairview as the only hiccup on its schedule, is chasing a second consecutive championship and will play Park City in Round 1.
1. Froid-Lake (8-0). Last week: Beat Terry 66-24.
2. Centerville (8-0). Last week: Beat Harlowton-Ryegate 71-34.
3. C-J-I (7-1). Last week: Beat Big Sandy 54-16.
4. Hot Springs (7-1). Last week: Lost by forfeit to Noxon.
5. Custer-Hysham-Melstone (8-1). Last week: Beat Absarokee 56-6.
6. Big Sandy (8-1). Last week: Lost to C-J-I 54-16.
7. Harlowton-Ryegate (8-1). Last week: Lost to Centerville 71-34.
8. West Yellowstone (7-1). Last week: Idle.
9. Power-Dutton-Brady (7-2). Last week: Beat Sunburst 60-20.
10. Westby-Grenora (7-2). Last week: Beat Bainville 40-14.
Around 6-Man: There was some significant movement to finish the regular season, with C-J-I smacking previous No. 1 and defending state champ Big Sandy 54-16 last week and Centerville blowing past Harlowton-Ryegate 71-34. Froid-Lake and Centerville finished the regular season as the two undefeated teams in 6-Man. Peeking ahead in the playoff bracket, Froid-Lake and C-J-I could clash next week if things go well for them in the first round. That would certainly qualify as a quarterfinal showdown.