(Editor’s note: Montana State Athletics press release)
BOZEMAN – The Montana State volleyball team will open its 2019 road schedule at the University of Arkansas Razorback Invitational, Aug. 30-31 in Fayetteville.
Montana State, which is coming off back-to-back double-digit winning campaigns, will play in three non-conference tournaments all away from the confines of Shroyer Gym to start the season. MSU will open at Arkansas against the Razorbacks, Arkansas Little Rock and Northwestern State.
The Bobcats will participate in the Loyola University Chicago Rambler Challenge Sept. 6-7. MSU will face Loyola, Western Michigan and Loyola Maryland. The Bobcats will complete non-league tournament action at Montana on Sept. 13-14 against UTEP and Cal State Bakersfield.
“With the completion of the schedule the 2019 season is one step closer,” said MSU third-year head coach Daniel Jones. “Our non-conference slate provides a great blend of challenges that will stretch us and help us to prepare for the Big Sky Conference schedule. We’re always very deliberate as we choose our non-conference opponents. A key part of the process is finding early season tests that will help give us a sense of our capabilities and develop toughness and perspective early in the year.”
Montana State will play nine Big Sky Conference road matches beginning at Montana in the annual Brawl of the Wild contest on Sept. 24 in Missoula.
2019 Montana State Volleyball Schedule:
- Aug. 20 Carroll College (exhibition)
- Aug. 30-31 at University of Arkansas Tournament
- Sept. 6-7 at Loyola University Chicago Rambler Challenge
- Sept. 13-14 at University of Montana Invitational
- Sept. 17 Seattle U
- Sept. 24 at Montana*
- Sept. 28 at Northern Colorado*
- Oct. 3 Idaho*
- Oct. 5 Eastern Washington*
- Oct. 10 at Northern Arizona*
- Oct. 12 at Southern Utah*
- Oct. 17 Weber State*
- Oct. 19 Idaho State*
- Oct. 24 at Portland State*
- Oct. 26 Sacramento State*
- Oct. 29 Montana*
- Oct. 31 Northern Colorado*
- Nov. 7 at Eastern Washington*
- Nov. 9 at Idaho*
- Nov. 14 Southern Utah*
- Nov. 16 Northern Arizona*
- Nov. 21 at Idaho State*
- Nov. 23 at Weber State*
- Nov. 28-30 Big Sky Conference Tournament – Sacramento, Calif.*=Big Sky Conference Match