BOZEMAN – The best in the Big Sky region competed in the championship round during the Montana State Spring Rodeo on Saturday. The finals were the first time ever that the event was sold out.
A few Bobcats took home buckles on the night. Celie Salmond was the first from MSU to be crowned a champion in goat tying. Bobcat Jace Bishop partnered with MSU-Northern’s John Bell to secure the title in team roping. In saddle bronc Keenan Reinhardt, who competed on Thursday and Friday held on through the weekend to earn himself a belt buckle.
Here are the other winners in the 2018 Montana State Spring Rodeo:
- Overall team winner: Northwest College
- Bareback Bronc Riding: Cole Snider (Montana Western)
- Steer Wrestling: Zane Marcenko (MSU-Northern)
- Breakaway Roping: Jamie Baker (Montana Western)
- Tiedown Roping: Trase Johnson (Montana State)
- Barrel Racing: Sydney Browning (Montana State)
- Bull Riding: Caleb McMillian (Northwest College)