(Editor’s Note: Montana State sports information release)
BOZEMAN — Sophomore Laura Mary won her second consecutive match on the weekend at No. 2 singles, but it wasn’t enough as the Montana State women’s tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision at Idaho State on Sunday morning.
Mary, a product of Eaubone, France, captured MSU’s lone point with a 7-5, 6-3 victory over ISU’s Huibre-Mare Botes. Mary also combined with Linda Vink at No. 1 doubles where the Bobcat tandem knocked off Hristina Cvetkovic and Megan Poe 6-2.
Vink, a native of Michielsgestel, Netherlands almost rallied for a win at No. 4 singles, but her comeback attempt came up short as Melissa Coburn held on for a 7-6(6), 3-6, 6-0 win.
The Bobcats will close out its regular-season schedule this weekend when it hosts Eastern Washington, Idaho and Northern Colorado on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Sunday’s match against UNC will celebrate MSU’s lone senior Angelina Philippova.
Idaho State 6, Montana State 1
1. CVETKOVIC, Hristina (ISU) def. PHILIPPOVA, Angelina 6-4, 6-4
2. MARY, Laura (MSU) def. BOTES, Huibre-Mare 7-5, 6-3
3. BOTES, Louise-Mare (ISU) def. WALKER, Annie 6-2, 6-4
4. COBURN, Melissa (ISU) def. VINK, Linda 7-6 (8-6), 3-6, 6-0
5. POE, Megan (ISU) def. CHEVERIE, Sarah 6-3, 6-4
6. WALKER, Angela (ISU) def. ZANDER, Enni 6-3, 7-5
1. MARY, Laura/VINK, Linda (MSU) def. CVETKOVIC, Hristina/POE, Megan 6-2
2. BOTES, Huibre-Mare/BOTES, Louise-Mare (ISU) def. PHILIPPOVA, Angelina/WALKER, Annie 6-4
3. COBURN, Melissa/FENSKE, Madison (ISU) def. CHEVERIE, Sarah/ZANDER, Enni 6-3