(MSUB Athletics release)
BILLINGS – Bringing the total tally to 13 recruits for the upcoming 2018 fall season, Montana State University Billings men’s soccer head coach Alex Balog introduced two more signings on Tuesday.
Samuele Folla of Udine, Italy and Aleksandar Garza of Pacifica, Calif., are the latest two to join MSUB’s program.
2018 MSUB Men’s Soccer Signings
– Johan Espinoza Midfielder Freshman East Wenatchee, WA Eastmont HS
– Samuele Folla Defender Sophomore Udine, Italy Istituto Superiore Bonaldo Stringher
– Aleksandar Garza Goalkeeper Freshman Pacifica, CA Junipero Serra HS
– Adama Kante Forward Sophomore SeaTac, WA Tyee HS/Highline College
– Liam Knox Defender Junior Kirkland, WA Lake Washington HS/Bellevue College
– Bryan Maxwell Defender Freshman Spokane, WA Lewis & Clark HS
– Dalton Mauzay Goalkeeper Freshman Cheney, WA Cheney HS
– Andres Perez Midfielder/Forward Freshman Pittsburg, CA Pittsburg HS
– Pascal Pisarek Defender Freshman Herne, Germany Gymnasium Wanne
– Marvin Putu Forward Freshman Melun, France Auguste Perdonnet
-Ludvig Rhodin Goalkeeper Senior Hoganas, Sweden Filbornaskolan/University of Mary
– Austin Shafer Forward Freshman Jamestown, ND Jamestown HS
– Brady Tesch Midfielder Freshman Auburn, WA Auburn Senior HS
Folla is a 6-foot-2 defender who played for the youth teams of Inter Milan and Fiorentina. Currently, he is captain of his team at AC Mezzocorona.
“Samuele will bring a wealth of experience to the team,” Balog said. “That coupled with him playing at a high level in Italy makes us confident that he will be a quality player at the GNAC level. Samuele has a good head on his shoulders, which allows him to have a very good understanding of the game. His leadership abilities will be something we will turn to as soon as the season starts, as well as his physicality and technical ability.”
The third goalkeeper signed for next season, Garza recently completed his prep career at Junipero Serra High School where he competed in soccer for four seasons. In 2016-17, he helped his team to the Central Coast Section Division II championship. He was also a four-time honor roll selection, and made the principal’s list as a senior for carrying a grade point average north of 3.5.
“With Aleks coming in as the third goalkeeper next fall, the battle for the starting spot will be wide open,” said Balog. “He brings quality to the position that we will desperately need from the get-go. Considering his solid academic background and the fact that he shares the same values we have in our program, we are very much looking forward to him joining the MSUB men’s soccer family in the fall.”
“I chose to attend MSUB initially because of the great connection I had with Coach Balog,” said Garza. “I found that MSUB wasn’t just a great fit for me athletically, but academically and all around as well. I am truly grateful to be attending MSUB, knowing I have a great person in Coach Balog to guide and mentor me in college. I feel confident there will be many great people in Billings who will help me learn and grow.”
MSUB’s men’s soccer team opens its 2018 regular-season schedule on Aug. 31 at Cal Poly Pomona.