BILLINGS – In an attempt to improve safety and security measures at Daylis Stadium in Billings, School District 2 officials have implemented changes to game protocols.
SD2 Activities Director Mark Wahl sent the following letter to all SD2 staff and families outlining policies that will take effect at Friday night’s Billings Skyview – Great Falls High football game:
In an attempt to improve the safety of all participants, students and fans, we are making some changes to our security protocols at Daylis Stadium. This letter is meant to inform you of the changes that will take place prior to the Great Falls High at Skyview football game on Friday, August 31, 2018. All of these protocols have been carefully considered by our high school administrators and SRO’s. They are meant to provide increased safety measures for those students and fans who desire only to be a positive support for their school and team. Listed below are the new protocols:
– All students will enter through one of the main ticket gates, either the main entrance to Daylis or the 3rd Avenue ticket gate.
– All students who enter the stadium will be expected to be in the stands watching the game. Students will have access to the concession stand and the bathrooms via the South end of the stadium. They will not be allowed to roam or stand along the fence. The North end of the stadium will no longer be accessible for students to circulate the entire stadium. Students who do not find a seat will be warned once and then asked to leave.
– Students who leave the stadium will not be allowed to re-enter.
– SRO’s are in attendance to help maintain a safe environment. All students are expected to treat them with the same respect they are expected to treat their teachers and administrators during the school day. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the privilege to attend SD2 activities.
– Bottles, backpacks and coolers will no longer be allowed in the stadium. SRO’s will be stationed at each ticket booth to monitor.
– Adult fans with passes who have always entered through the pass gate on 3rd Avenue can continue to do so. They will have access to the West stands by way of the track on the North end of the stadium. Anyone who desires to sit in the East stands, should enter through the 3rd Avenue ticket gate.
– We will continue to be allow students to go on to the field following the game as long as they do so in an orderly manner. School administrators will open the new gate on the North end of the stadium to allow students this access.
Our hope is that more students and adults will attend SD2 activities. We have outstanding students in our schools and we want to provide the safest possible environment for all of them. We truly appreciate your support. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Again, Thank You!!
SD2 Director of Activities