BILLINGS -- School District 2 in Billings has released its spectator guidelines for fall activities after the Yellowstone County Health Department announced earlier this week that individual schools have approval to implement their own plans.
At this time, Billings athletes are allowed two family members per home contest. No out-of-town spectators will be admitted.
The first implementation was at Thursday night's soccer doubleheader between Billings Senior and Billings West at Amend Park. Below is SD2's detailed outline.
ACTIVITIES SPECTATORS PLAN
- ATTENDANCE: Two family members per participant per Billings team. Out-of-town fans will not be admitted.
- ADMITTANCE PROCEDURE: Team rosters will be located in the activities office of each school. Participants will be asked to stop at the office to list the two family members who will be in attendance and write those names by their name. That list will then be given to the people working the admissions booths. As people come through the gate, they will state their name and it will be checked with the list. Pass lines will be marked to maintain physical distancing and waiting in line will be eliminated as much as possible. Signage will be placed at the entrance gates reminding spectators not to attend if they are sick or if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Price of Admission: There will be no admission cost as long as we remain in the restrictive mode of family attendance only.
- FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED: Indoors, will be required at all times. Outdoors, will be required anytime physical distancing cannot be maintained. Face masking is also encourage when conversing with acquaintances as well as when using the louder voices typically used by spectators when supporting their team during competitive events.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING REQUIRED: Household members may sit or stand together with a minimum of six feet in all directions of other fans.
- ALTERNATE, SUB-VARSITY and MIDDLE SCHOOL VENUES:
- For non-seating venues such as Amend Park and cross country sites, fans will be asked to stand back a minimum of 10ft.from the main field or course and must stay outside of all flagged areas.
- Middle School Softball Fields: Fans are required to utilize the seating available or to stand back outside of field fencing at all times.
- Middle School and High School Football Fields – Fans are required to utilize the seating available or to stay back on the track at all times. Fans will not be allowed to stand on the field.
- POST-GAME: Family members in attendance must leave the venue immediately following their student's contest. Postgame gatherings are not permitted - leave immediately after the contest is over. In multi-level sports, like volleyball, fans may watch their students level only. Staying to watch the next level is not permitted unless your student or their sibling is playing at the next level also.
- FACILITIES: Where appropriate, additional porta-potties will be scheduled for outdoor events, cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis. All bathrooms and other facilities will also be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis throughout the event.
- FIELD PASS PROCEDURES for MEDIA, GAME WORKERS AND VOLUNTEERS: Each school will follow the procedures they have followed in past years for chain crews, photographers and video. Only one photographer and videographer per school will be allowed. All media, game workers and volunteers must have a pass and must follow all physical distancing and face masking procedures.
- CROSSTOWN GAMES: For all crosstown games, fans will be split to each side of the stadium or gym. Home team fans on one side, visiting team fans on the other. At Daylis Stadium, home team fans will sit in the West stands and visiting fans will sit in the East stands. Separate pass gates will be open to accommodate each set of fans. In the gyms, signs will direct fans to the appropriate seating location.
- NON-COMPLIANCE: Regular public address announcements will be used to remind fans of the expectation that they comply with all guidelines as written in this plan. VIOLATORS TO THE HOME COMPETITION FAN PROCEDURE GUIDELINES MAY BE SUBJECT TO A NO TRESPASS ORDER for all SD2 EVENTS AS PER THE COMMON PROCEDURES USED TO CARRY OUT BILLINGS SCHOOL DISTRICT 2 POLICY 4332 AT ALL SD2 SANCTIONED EVENTS ON OR OFF SCHOOL DISTRICT 2 PROPERTY.
- ATTENDANCE BY COLLEGE RECRUITERS: Following are the guidelines we will use to admit college coaches for the purpose of recruiting student-athletes:
- The coach is required to get permission to attend each individual event by contacting the principal or activities coordinator of the school at which the student-athlete attends.
- The coach will be required to follow all guidelines of this plan.
- The coach will be asked to leave the campus immediately following the end of the game. If the coach desires to meet with the student, he or she can make arrangements with the student and his or her family to meet at later time.
- No more than two coaches from any one institution will be allowed to attend.
- Failure to comply with the guidelines of this plan will result in suspension of the privilege to attend SD2 events.
- CONCESSIONS: Concessions will not be open to begin the Fall season. If things go well and we are able to increase the number who can be in attendance, we may open concessions at some point during the season.